This simple cranberry sauce is easy to throw together quickly and makes the perfect dish to bring along as a guest to your Thanksgiving gathering.
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup water
- 12 whole cloves
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- Bring wine, water, and cloves to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Discard the cloves.
- Add brown sugar and the cranberries. Bring heat back up to medium-high until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until cranberries pop. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and transfer sauce to a bowl. Allow it to cool completely before covering and refrigerating until ready to serve.